BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Engineering team. BigCommerce has established itself as the leading SaaS platform for merchants to build and grow their businesses via online storefronts.
You will be a member of our integrations team incorporating 3rd parties into the BigCommerce platform expanding the options available to our clients when setting up a store. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in building systems using at least two different languages: PHP, Ruby, Scala, Python, Java, etc... We primarily use Ruby, PHP, and Scala.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extendable.
- Experience with Full Stack Development and OOP/MVC design patterns/principles.
- Experience building distributed and/or SOA architectures (desirable)
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing (desirable)
- Experience with application profiling/optimization (desirable)
- Solid UNIX knowledge.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excited to learn new technologies
What You’ll Do:
- Help design/architect/execute the building of new services for the BigCommerce platform.
- Build highly-available, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise.
- Work closely with ops/infrastructure to improve our architecture and scalability
- Work on Ruby microservices.
- Work on our core PHP application.
- Push yourself to learn the full BigCommerce tech stack: Scala, Docker, Node, and more…