We're hiring Senior Software Engineers in Philadelphia who are passionate about building next-generation products for companies who want to invest in their employees. This role will focus on the Practice video coaching product line with opportunities to work on React web clients, React Native mobile apps and various backend API technologies.
What's it like to work at Instructure? Our product team doesn't throw spec documents over an imaginary wall only to have engineering build something and throw it over another wall to QA. Our teams are collaborative — we sit together, brainstorm together, and build together because we believe that's the only way to make superior software. We're committed to innovation — so much so, in fact, that we schedule quarterly hack weeks to let individuals and teams build pet projects and aim for the fences with new, radical ideas.
What you will be doing:
- Designing performant, highly available backend services using Ruby, Node and other languages and frameworks.
- Reviewing code and participating in technical design reviews.
- Working with the product team to refine requirements and scope projects.
What we look for:
- Production experience with modern front-end and backend frameworks.
- A passion for thinking critically about architecture.
- Prior experience with native mobile app development or React Native is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience testing applications to ensure application quality.
- Familiar with DevOps processes including CI and CD tooling.
- Capable communicators passionate about product development and user experience.
- Autodidacts who love continual learning and exploration.
- Engineering leaders who care about coding standards and writing lean, maintainable software.
- 5+ plus years of professional software development experience preferred.