Shutterfly is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Innovation Lab area. This is a high profile and high critical individual contributor role with at least 80% hands-on software development in Java Technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, REST Services, Angular, MySQL).
We are looking for Full Stack Java Software Engineers who enjoy solving complex problems, driving business value through rapid innovation and enjoy complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Dev, QA, Infrastructure, Release, Support) of the assigned application.
If you love the fun and excitement of working in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and agile software development environment with cutting-edge technologies then send us your resume today.
• Work with Senior Management to map ideas to feasible technical concepts, design technical solutions and develop cutting-edge products
• Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java Stack
• Partner with other Innovation Lab developers to plan releases and ensure the team delivers on the committed plan
• Participate in design and code reviews across the team and establish best practices
• Partner with SBS platform team to build and utilize core platform capabilities
• Collaborate with core SBS teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations
• Perform scalability and performance analysis as needed
• 2+ years’ experience in software development with a focus on Product Innovation. Should be able to demonstrate entrepreneurial drive and a proven ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
• 8+ years overall software development experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring boot)
• Strong experience developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services and deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies, relational databases/SQL
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills
• A passion to win, innovate and a desire to build great things
• Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude
• Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP)
• Micro services and Distributed architectures
• NoSQL experience
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Strong customer focus and owner mindset
• Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products.