This position will dramatically expand the engineer's experience and elevate the scope of responsibilities to Tyler's enterprise level. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Tyler Integrations – Tyler Infrastructure team, you will focus on designing and implementing frameworks, micro-services, and general components for use by any front-line Tyler product. Our purpose is to build out enterprise-scoped components to bring common functionality and behavior across the Tyler suite. Responsibilities will span the full range of the software engineering discipline, from requirements gathering through product deployment and tier three support. Candidate must have the ability to analyze requirements from multiple, diverse stakeholders and extrapolate designs into broader solutions. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for new development challenges and to extend their visibility and exposure into broader technologies and the Total Tyler development arena.
- Develop enterprise-wide micro-services to build out Tyler infrastructure.
- Support integration of Tyler Infrastructure services with front line products.
- Work in an agile development environment, involving sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, demos, and quarterly releases.
- Assist with similar Tyler-wide assignments within the team, as needed.
- Work with Tyler Corporate Development and local product development teams, assisting with integration of foundation technologies across Tyler products.
- Work to streamline CI/CD pipeline, establishing scalable and transferable best practices.
- Serve as key resource for re-implementing products to a cloud-native position
- Develop and extend core features for Tyler Workflow, helping prepare for major series of integrations and deployments. Will include opportunities with Tyler Foundation, REST and OData services, and micro-service integrations.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6 years of software engineering, design and dev experience using conventional technologies
- Experience and/or training in cloud-native architectures and deployments
- Familiarity with SQL server database and stored procedures
- Extroverted communication skills for interactions across Tyler divisions and disparate teams
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities