At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
- Create progressive, intuitive, and reliable applications for the Rivian in-vehicle experience.
- Develop a touch screen based modern in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
- Collaborate with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs.
- Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues issues found during testing.
- Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces.
- Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Deep understanding of user-friendly, immersive, reactive user interface development.
- 6+ years experience with modern object-oriented languages: C++ / Java / Kotlin. Proficiency with Python is a plus.
- Deep experience with either the Qt/QML or Android application frameworks. Experience with 3D graphics is a plus.
- Proficiency targeting POSIX-based embedded systems: Linux, Android, QNX.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs and HTTP.
- Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.