The Solutionreach Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join their growing team to help take the quality of Solutionreach system to the next level!
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with developers and product owners to define test plans and strategies for testing new products. The focus of the Senior Software Engineer in Test will be primarily on complex Service driven tests along with integration tests with some focus on performance, and load tests. You will spend most of your time writing API driven tests and you will utilize off-the-shelf tools and build new tools when needed to find creative and efficient ways to push the limits of the software. The candidate will need to be an expert in cloud driven solutions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering a high-quality customer experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help to define our cloud testing strategy
- Define testing strategy and write test plans for new/changed features.
- Identify tests cases that are good candidates for automation and write the automation.
- Help drive education and implementation software testing best practices across the Quality Engineering team.
- Review new test cases as well as existing tests to ensure they are relevant and up to date.
- Mentor junior Quality Engineers
- Define, track, and report on metrics for test coverage and test progress.
- Write performance and load tests for web-based systems, analyze/understand the results, and communicate the results, implications, and suggested improvements to all levels within engineering.
- Perform root cause analysis / diagnosis of issues that occur on testing and production systems.
- Presenting test status to development directors, Product Managers and executives.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, results-oriented individual with solid technical skills, excellent communication skills, a super strong commitment to customer success, and passion for providing world-class service to customers.
- 5+ years experience in software testing role with at least 1-2 focused on performance, ideally in cloud services
- 3+ years experience using API automation framework driven by Swagger or RAML
- 2+ years SQL and NoSQL (postgres, mysql, elasticsearch, mongo)
- Strong knowledge of Linux command-line and administration
- Ability to investigate and troubleshoot difficult technical problems across the entire technology stack.
- Experience in creating and analyzing performance tests for web-based software
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and other software development methodologies
- Experience working in SaaS environments is a must
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Software development experience, ideally with Java.
- System Admin experience with Linux is a plus.