As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Ariba, is the leading cloud source to settle solution globally, powered by the largest supplier network in the world. Simply, we want to #makeprocurementawesome for our Buyers and Supplier customers. More than 2 million companies around the world, in every industry, use SAP Ariba’s cloud-based solutions to manage their commerce activities today
Individual contributor who drives innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to quality, performance, scalability and reliability. The candidate for this position will be the lead engineer of the development team in defining the test strategy, designing, executing and automating the tests.
As a senior software engineer in test, you will have the opportunity to accelerate the innovation and delivery of the Ariba products. You will collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to expand the Ariba Cloud to cover every corner of the globe. You will have the opportunity to work on internet scale level problems and complex business problems. You will work with Java, HANA, Hadoop, and Ariba Cloud technologies. To succeed in this position, you must be passionate about the user experience and be very results-oriented to get things done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Design and implement Test plans that include unit, functional, regression, system and integration tests
- Execute complex manual and automated test cases
- Create and maintain test scripts
- Build innovative automation systems to facilitate both function and performance testing
- Build tools to generate customer like data in test systems.
- Work with development and test teams to build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications
- Research new emerging tools and enhance existing automated test systems.
- Participate in architecture discussions
- Represent the team and help manage the team's deliverables/commitments.
- Review software specifications & design and develop test plans/strategies for various software
- Work closely with operations group, system and DB administrators to coordinate needed resources and facilitate requests made by the development team
- Mentor junior software engineers in test
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience of application development/application QA for web applications is required.
- Must have strong Java skills.
- Must have experience in QA testing/methodology
- Excellent automation skills with Java, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins and Selenium
- Strong knowledge of Oracle / JVM / OS (Linux/Solaris/AIX)
- Must have extensive experience working in UNIX based environments.
- Proven technical achievement as an individual contributor
- Working knowledge of testing scalable web-serves based on REST/XML/JSON
- Experience with automating tests (api, library, backend and UI) and frameworks for web, mobile or services platforms
- Good in Database concepts and hands on experience with SQL
- Experience in testing SaaS (Software as a service) On-Demand enterprise solutions
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in SAP HANA databases
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to communicate detailed technical analysis
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Requisition ID: 154962