Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360® and GuardantOMNI® , for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360® has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
You will be part of the LUNAR bioinformatics team working on and with the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, helping to prevent recurrence of cancer for cancer survivors based on a simple blood draw. Your role will be to work with Bioinformatics SQA engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments and the correct installation on production systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with bioinformatics SQA engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to develop test cases that ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments.
- Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive, automated test strategies/plans for bioinformatics software leading to successful implementation and timely project completion.
- Work with the algorithm development team to understand functional specifications, identify and design test cases for sequence analysis software including alignment, variant calling, and annotation software.
- Work with cross-functional teams, and support integration and regression testing of Bioinformatics software.
- Execute complex testing, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results independently.
- Design, create, enhance, and maintain bioinformatics data simulators and automated testing framework to ensure excellent testing coverage.
- Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services.
- Provide coaching to other team members for designing test strategies and test cases with strong knowledge of molecular biology, oncology and bioinformatics.
- Report, track, and escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) and ensure closure on issues.
- Perform Impact Analysis for incremental changes and identify the scope of regression / test cycles and execute them as needed.
- 4+ years of hands on experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, shell and software dev/QA in Linux environment.
- 4+ years of experience in web browser testing frameworks such as cypress.io or selenium
- 4+ years of hands on experience in scripting, running, analyzing, and refining automation frameworks for comprehensive and full application testing, including API testing.
- 4+ years of experience in working with Web API built with Django REST framework
- 4+ years of experience in Continuous Integration / Delivery tools such as Jenkins and container runtime tools such as Docker
- 4+ years of working with Databases such as PostgreSQL
- 4+ years of experience in verifying algorithms, workflow or data analysis software.
- Experience with test case management tools and best practices for scalability and maintainability.
- Excellent organization and people skills with the ability to work across functions to ensure successful integration testing.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.