Join our forward-looking team of Quality Engineering (QE) professionals who are committed to consistently delivering quality within the demanding Information Technology Department. A small group within a large department enables you to contribute and make a difference every day. Be challenged, be rewarded, and share in our QE Team’s success.
About the role:
We are seeking an exceptional Software Testing Engineer/Analyst for one of our highest-profile, market leading custom applications. LYNXX is IDEXX’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) used in more than 50 Reference Laboratories around the world. The Agile development teams include 2 Scrum teams located in the US and Germany, and use the Scrum development framework (4 releases a year, 2 week Sprints).
You will be an integral member of the Quality Engineering organization, embedded in our Laboratory Information Management System team. You will work closely with other software engineers to build automation frameworks and infrastructure to ensure that our products are of high quality, performance and salable, and helping to establish our Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline.
You will also work with the team to build quality throughout the SDLC – participating in code reviews, reviewing tests (type, design, readability, etc.), and determining the best strategy to automate at all levels of the architecture (end-to-end, integration, API / servicecontract, unit tests). This role is a great opportunity for you to join a company named #31 to Forbes 2017 'Most Innovative Companies' list. You will have exposure to latest/cutting edge technologies such as Github, Heroku, Docker, Postman, ReadyAPI and will help define ways of working and best practices for the newly formed team. If you’re looking to use your software test engineering abilities and development skills to solve challenging problems, this is the perfect opening for you.
A day in the life of a Software Engineer in Test
- Develop both application and test framework code within a Scrum framework
- Work alongside other developers to assure application code is testable, robust, and performant
- Implement/champion tools in the SDLC and suggest process improvements with a focus on delivering higher quality software
- Develop tools that automate redundant, time-consuming, manual processes within the test, build, and deploy ofsoftware
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will:
- 3+ years in a Software Engineer or Software Engineer in Test capacity - you can build test code as well as application code, and have experience doing both
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories, preferably using Git
- Advanced technical competency with a variety of testing tools & frameworks, such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI, Postman, Selenium, Spring, Cucumber
- Solid programming experience in any modern object-oriented programming language such as C#, Python, Java and C/C++ as well as an understanding of OOP concepts; Familiarity with Ruby, Groovy or similar languages
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, communicate concisely and clearly, and be willing to drive quality into the development process
- Familiar with BDD
- Experienced in Continuous Integration (CI) concepts and familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Deployment
Experience and Skills
- Highly proficient in Test strategy, management, and coordination.
- System and application functional (manual, automated) and performance testing experience.
- Broad-based development skills or exposure and working knowledge of best practices to collaborate and coach the Development Team toward Quality solutions.
- Ability to objectively evaluate processes and to separate technical systems into testable layers.
- Ability to execute tests and troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), particularly Agile/Scrum
- Experienced with CI, CD, DevOps, BDD, TDD, and using dynamic practices and frameworks to improve Quality deliverables.
- Experience with SoapUI, SQL, Rally, HP ALM, Atlassian suite of products or similar.
- Preferred knowledge of automated testing tools such as HP UFT, Test Complete, Selenium, TestNG, AgileIT, or other automation tools.