A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You’re a skilled developer with a passion for testing and the coding skills to understand our complex backend systems. You have experience in test automation and scaling automation frameworks. You are passionate about developing quality software with an obsession for detail. You enjoy sharing your knowledge, mentoring other engineers, and thinking about ways to make a team more efficient.
- Develop and lead automation frameworks aligned with our microservice architecture to improve and enhance our test coverage.
- Work with Development teams to understand and help implement an effective testing model for their services to achieve high test coverage, increased release velocity, and exceptional production health.
- Have an in-depth understanding of our SDLC and ensure the automation tooling, CI/CD, and test reporting enables QA, Engineers, and the rest of the development team to work seamlessly together to deliver high-quality software.
- Ensure proper test coverage across our entire architecture and work towards closing gaps in test coverage through existing or new test infrastructures.
- Work with the Engineering teams to plan for new feature development that will impact testing scope, require new approaches to testing and automation, and ensure quality is delivered alongside the development of each new feature and service.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of software engineers and data scientists. You will help build software test automation that tests the back-end services and APIs in java and selenium framework.
In the first month, you'll:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and inbox.
- Get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- Start contributing to the development of our test tooling and infrastructures.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Deepen your knowledge of the technologies we use.
- Help to define and implement solutions to meet our testing strategy and architecture
- Increase and expand our automation coverage for existing and new services.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Be involved in planning, and designing discussion to ensure necessary testing frameworks will cover testing needs and delivery of testable, high-quality products.
- Build testing frameworks that will assist in achieving test coverage for Unit Testing, API/Integration Testing, Contract Testing, Functional Testing, Load and Performance and other testing approaches.
- Ensure utilization of our test frameworks fits seamlessly into our SDLC through implementation with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and other forms of automating scripting.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of test development/automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix
- A passion for test infrastructure design and CI/CD
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery model
- Experience working with Docker, Git and AWS
- Strong experience with API/backend testing
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, highly organized, drive for innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership