We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to help us shape the future of education. With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company with the industry's most comprehensive student-success solutions. Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable student and institutional success by leveraging innovative technologies and services.
This role focuses on our Blackboard Transact™ platform which helps improve student experience and campus safety, while streamlining business operations and increasing revenue. The Blackboard Transact platform includes capabilities within two integrated modules:
- Commerce Management: facilitates campus ID card issuance, cashless payment processing, account management and reporting on-campus, off-campus, and online.
- Security Management: monitors all campus activity using integrated door access control, video surveillance and mass notification capabilities.
As a member of our QA team, you’ll focus on providing support for test development and execution against Blackboard’s new feature and legacy system releases. As Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for working closely with development teams to ensure that the products meet specified functional, load, and performance requirements. Specifically, you will write and update test cases and create appropriate tools, programs, utilities, and automation scripts. You will work to maintain, support, and extend the current automation and test management framework across multiple applications on several different technologies. You will also work as a member of a cross-functional team including Product Analysts, Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Quality Assurance Specialists.
Additionally, you will beresponsiblefor:
- Actively participating in agile meetings with development teams and providing testability and maintainability point of view from an automation perspective
- Creating functional, load, and performance test programs and scripts
- Working closely with development and development operations to maintain and extend the test automation framework
- Practicing automation development efficiency, maintainability, and reusability
- Providing accurate implementation level estimates and delivering on them
- Comprehending high-level requirements and designing and contributing to their details
- Recognizing issues (e.g. with requirements, design, implementation, etc.) and working with appropriate resources to address and resolve
- Seeking to understand big picture/business cases behind individual requirements
- Creating and managing testing schedule
- Has technical experience developing test automation
- Is proficient in developing and scripting from test specifications and developing function libraries and product independent scripts
- Has experienceworking with code repositories (Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab) and automated development pipelines (JenkinsCI, TravicCI, CircleCI)
- Has a deep understanding of utilizing test tools to improve productivity of test script development and execution
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Has strong analytical skills and is a fast learner with a high degree of creativity and initiative
- Is familiar with issue tracking, testing techniques, and operating systems
- Experience with mobile applications and responsive web applications is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle is a plus
- Experience with many automation tools including open source automation is desired
- Expertise with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs is beneficial
- Experience with accessibility and/or security testing is a plus