KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions focused on software development and systems engineering for intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Software Engineer with 6+ years' experience for work in San Diego, CA. Our engineer efforts use software and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) electronics to turn incoming data from multiple sensors into a single picture of prioritized threats. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment – read on!
Summary: Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities into a mature solution. Work includes development of new capabilities and features, as well as maintenance of the existing product line. We develop software applications using real-time, embedded C++ and Java running in a Linux-based operating systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code to enable ship's combat systems to automatically respond to incoming threats.
- Write well-designed, testable and efficient code that meets technical requirements.
- Participate in a highly collaborative team environment, contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle using Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of code defects and deployment of timely fixes.
- Deliver projects on time and with attention to quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) years' experience in software engineering.
- Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience in Software Engineering phases (requirements, design, code, test and integration).
- Experience with object-oriented software development using C++.
- Experience working with a Linux-based Operating System.
- Experience using modern software design methodologies (e.g. UML 2.0).
- Effective written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project).
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, static code analysis and continuous integration.
- Familiarity with the following software tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Team Concert, Jenkins, Coverity, Eclipse.
- Experience with real-time embedded software development.
- Data Fusion and/or Radar domain knowledge.
- Knowledge of or experience in communications methods and protocols.
- Experience in Graphical User Interface design and implementation.
- Experience with or knowledge of the SEI CMMI model.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, and walk.
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.