Examity is a world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, universities, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support hundreds of clients, and proctor millions of exams a year.
Being one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we’re able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
Examity is at an exciting time in our product development; we are looking to add Senior Software Engineers to our team as thought leaders, idea generators, and problem solvers. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for working with all elements of our solution, including the front and back end, to enhance, optimize and expand Examity’s proctoring solution.
In this position, you’ll have autonomy, the ability to bring ideas to the table, make a meaningful impact, and achieve a work-life balance. Examity iterates in two-week sprints in an Agile/Scrum environment. Chat with us about our Agile practices: we are very proud of how far we have come!
What you’ll do:
- Design and build advanced cloud applications, employing the Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Teach proper engineering discipline and practices, particularly using Python, Go, and C#, while serving as a role model.
- Build, test, and deploy innovative customer-facing products, encompassing a highly intuitive user experience.
- Contribute to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software regularly.
- Deliver high-quality projects and products on a tight schedule.
- Ensure the quality of the products by conducting design and coding reviews of assignments distributed across multiple developers.
- Evaluate new technologies and third-party products to include in Examity offerings and improve systems engineering capabilities.
- Create an accessible site that allows for solutions to be adaptable in multiple delivery platforms.
- Perform software verification of applications to ensure adherence to business and technical requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Background in developing and deploying SaaS applications and services into production using CI/CD tools.
- Experience in building micro-services, REST-based APIs, CI/CD tools.
- History of building scalable web applications in a variety of cloud implementations.
- Exposure to networking solutions leveraging HTTP, and WebSocket.
- Background in conducting code reviews and providing technical/architectural guidance to team members.
- Knowledge of the following technologies: ASP.NET, VB, NET, C#, .NET, WCF, ASP.NET, MVC 5, and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.