The Portal Teams here at Datto directly support an intuitive, unified user experience for our partners as well as a microservice architecture in the backend for shared functionality.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Design, test and build our Unified User Experience and Microservice Architecture of the Datto Partner Portal
- Work with product management to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience.
- Work across engineering teams to improve system performance, scalability, durability, and security for the Datto Partner Portal
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of new ideas to drive continuous improvement.
Practically, you would work on an agile team of 5-9 Quality, Product, and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks. Beyond that work with your team and others to architect solutions for larger-scale initiatives to support scalability and technical superiority.
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, Scala)
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development