The Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.Responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience with: SOA design and development, Back-end relational databases and SQL
- Security Architecture and DevOps
- Cloud based applications architecture
- Technologies in use within Humana’s Billing Systems like .Net, C# and other front end development tools.
- Experience in DataPower, IIB, Message Broker, WebSphere MQ, zOS connect and API connect
- Unit testing and mocking
- Source control use and strategies
- Development and analysis experience in relational databases and the SQL language (preferably for IBM’s DB2)
- Comprehensive understanding of System Development Life Cycle and effective use of design patterns
- Experience creating design specifications and reviewing programmer code
- Experience in health insurance industry or other industry billing or accounting systems
- Experience in an Agile development methodology
- Master's Degree
- Prior experience with billing or enrollment systems
- Knowledge of accounting systems and financial processes & controls.
- IBM mainframe environment/CA Gen/COBOL/CICS/DB2