Senior Software Engineer #6825
Scope of work:
Participating in daily defect triage, troubleshooting and implementation of technical solutions for celebritycruises.com. Candidate must be organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task between development jobs. We are looking for a team-player that has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We use GitHub for source control with a GitHub Flow code review and merge protocol. We aim for a comprehensive unit and integration test coverage (using Mocha), and follow Agile process methods with defined sprints.
One of the advantages of working within our Web Application Department is that you will have the opportunity to work on a serverless application using cutting edge technologies, such as: AngulaJS and a variety of AWS services (API Gateway, Lambda functions, Elastic Cache).
- Troubleshoot and provide optimal solutions for operational issues as required
- Perform code reviews for junior developers
- Coding and implementation using best practices to produce high performing/scalable/secured modules.
- Production Support and Bug Fixes.
- Unit Testing/Integration Testing.
- Maintain code quality by following predefined code guidelines
- Work with architect/senior developers to do high level/low level design/architecture.
- Work with stakeholders during the requirement gathering and acceptance testing process
In addition to the technical requirements for this specific position, we are seeking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Personal ownership of assignments and responsibilities;
- Ability to plan, execute, measure results and drive improvement on a continuing basis;
- Strategic thinking and ability to communicate on every level;
- Resilience and grit to ensure mission completion even in the face of adversity;
- Discipline and organization to manage competing priorities;
- High levels of energy and positive ambition;
- A healthy balance of curiosity, humility and assertiveness
Expected to work effectively as an autonomous member of our team. As such we are looking for:
Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices
Must be able to identify and resolve cross-browser compatibility issues
?Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
?Deep understanding of responsive design principles, application security and related trade-offs
Experience in communicating to business partners to come up with technical requirements from business requirements
Some experience with other iterative methodologies and Agile approaches such as Kanban
Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
Must be a team-player Must be self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks
Must have Github experience.
- Experience with RESTful services a plus
- Strong Object-Oriented concepts a plus
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Please provide your current resume and a portfolio, Github or other information highlighting recent work and abilities