Our mission is to improve the quality of care and reduce the overall cost of healthcare by making the decision-making process more data driven. Our products will have an impact on the national healthcare infrastructure and you will play a significant role in it.
We are building a big data platform for complex healthcare data, both discrete and unstructured. We apply to this data different processing techniques, including natural language processing and machine learning driven inference, to produce clinical and financial insights that result in better quality care for patients and improved financial performance for healthcare organizations. We are also building a suite of applications that can utilize the power of this platform and deliver true end user solutions.
About the Job:
You will work with big data, build high performance and scalable APIs, and intuitive front-end UI that delights our users and customers.
You will be joining an entirely new team, working on a new product for healthcare from the ground-up.
- Design, develop and ship new features for our cloud platform and applications, from back end to front end.
- Understand and interface with our current backend systems, including our APIs and data model.
- Work within a modern agile development environment, utilizing Atlassian Jira or similar tracking systems.
- Contribute to sprints by taking on complex and challenging user stories.
- Develop an understanding of healthcare data.
- Help develop work estimates and manage delivery
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Full-stack Engineer with 5–7 years of experience.
- You have experience implementing modern cloud software integration techniques, such as REST web services.
- Comfortable with evolving requirements and are able to help crystalize them
- You have experienced using modern cloud software payloads such as JSON and XML
- You have experience developing scalable backend using Java, Ruby or Python.
- You have experience handling application data using RDBMS, such as MySQL, NoSQL, such as MongoDB.
- You have front end experience with JS, HTML and CSS. Bootstrap and Angular JS experience strongly preferred.
- You write clean, modular and testable code.
- You have at least one standout project with demonstrated front end and back end capability and commercial success.
- Demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for learning about and applying new technologies and leverage open source when appropriate
- You have world class verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a pleasant and engaging personality.
- AWS experience is a plus