Position Summary: Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct reports
A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software. As a Senior Engineer they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns. The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as QNX, LINUX or Android; BSP development; and driver development. He/she should also have solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, compilers, etc.).
- Working knowledge of AUTOSAR, preferably experience working with Vector’s AUTOSAR solution and tool sets.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Working knowledge of automotive diagnostic communication protocols such as UDS ISO 14229 or KWP ISO 14230.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of embedded software development or testing.
- 3+ years of AUTOSAR development experience
- 5 years of C/C++ or other structured language.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.