Halfaker and Associates, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Software Engineering and IT Infrastructure to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2017 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead and develop specifications for software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software.
- Design engineering approaches and practices that conform to the reference architecture which address the customer’s technical solution requirements and functional business needs
- Document and/or store all system engineering related artifacts in approved repository
- Provide support for project management artifacts
- Assess the relationship between software engineering and the elements associated with the customer’s systems integration, systems architectures, and systems requirements
- Participate in solution design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Support the independent validation and verification during the project acceptance events, including User Acceptance Testing and Reviews
- Support management in the identification, deployment, and maintenance of applications, equipment, tools, or systems to ensure proper functionality
- Monitor compliance with and make recommendations to system architectures and system integration practices that affect the new and existing software solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and seek to resolve software engineering gaps, especially as it concerns end-to-end product compatibility
- Apply agile software development best practices against all facets of the software development lifecycle (e.g. requirements, engineering designs, documentation, usability, integration, test, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and decommissioning) in order to address the functional and technical needs of our customers
- Maintains high ethical standard in dealing with sensitive data.
- Strong knowledge of database SQLs and Stored Procedures
- Experience with unit test methodologies and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of software development best practices, Agile, and/or other rapid application development methodologies.
- Experience with test driven development, build tools/continuous integration and version control systems
- Experience developing REST and SOAP based APIs
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Healthcare claims, policy and provider experience
- Experience in Medicare and Medicaid desired
- Experience in consulting to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Experience with DB2 database
- 2 years of experience with AngularJS
- 2 years of experience with JSON.
- Experience with database systems such as MySQL
- 6 years of experience in Information Technology software development and architecture
- 5 years of hands on experience using JAVA/J2EE
- 4 years of experience with XML
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.