Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer with 7-10+ years experience. As a full-stack engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for the design and development of Kylo, an award winning open source big data product utilizing other popular technologies such as Apache Spark and Hadoop.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You love to design and build great software. You thrive when surrounded by other creative and talented engineers. You must also have first-hand experience building enterprise-grade web applications in an agile environment. You are passionate about working on hard challenging problems with open-source software and big data.
Location: Santa Clara/SF Bay Area
Telecommute Option: Yes
• 7-10+ years software engineering experience with expertise in Java
• Full-stack engineering on a distributed n enterprise-grade, web application development project/product
• Deep knowledge of OO, design and enterprise integration patterns, particularly coding/design practices around interface abstraction, composition, and test driven design
• Expertise with common integration techniques such as REST, Web Services, JMS
• Ability to work in an agile and collaborative setup within an engineering team.
• Self-starter with a strong personal work ethic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience with deep and machine learning concepts and frameworks ideally experience
• Big data experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, Hive, Jupyter, HBase
• Git, Maven (and multi-module projects), Jenkins, JIRA
• Agile experience preferably with Scrum
• Use of frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey, SLF4J
• SQL and relational modeling and understanding of No-SQL concepts
• Developing on Cloud platforms such as AWS
• Ability to present and interact professionally with clients
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.