Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
What We Do
Teradata delivers business outcome led through technology-enabled solutions in the areas that matter most – from operational excellence and asset optimization to client experience and product innovation, to finance transformation and risk mitigation. We work with leading businesses in over 75 countries worldwide. Our clients include many of the top performers and best-known brands in telecom, transportation, consumer packaged goods, financial services and manufacturing. We focus on turning the most complex and challenging data sets into high-value assets that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for the business. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
Teradata and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Teradata Hybrid Cloud
Case Study: How Netflix leverages Teradata
Awards and Recognition
What You’ll Do
Teradata is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to work with our industry-leading Global Support Organization. The ideal candidate thrives on automation, is a self-starter and will drive new ways of solving complex problems. In this role, you will be a leader in creating a culture of change, collaboration, communication and enabling a technology shift in the organization. As part of the System Change team, you will have a hand in developing and designing an automated system update platform to ensure Teradata customers around the world are consistently working with the best versions of our products.
• Lead the design and implementation of automated configuration management
• Provide subject matter expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
• Identify manual steps and inefficiencies that can be improved through automation
• Collaborate with onshore and offshore teams to coordinate implementation activities
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and lead resolution of software defects
• Provide training and support to software engineering teams during implementation
Skills and Experiences You’ll Need to be Successful
• Extensive expertise (7+ years) in implementing software in accordance with Object-Oriented Programming (OOD)
• Technical proficiency in either Python, Java, or C++
• Familiarity with configuration management best practices and trends
• Familiarity with source code control systems i.e. Git
• Build Agents: Jenkins (preferred), TeamCity
• Modern web based development frameworks such as AngularJS
• Issue & Project Tracking: Experience with JIRA
• Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes
• Agile (Scrum) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience building/interacting with RESTful services
• Building and/or leveraging distributed systems
• Comfortable with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc,) and SQL
• Comfortable with globally distributed teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
The Fine Print
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.