Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Senior Software Engineer
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata is looking for a senior software engineer to work with our Customer Engineering team in IntelliCloud. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about customer success, thrive on automation, and are self-starters.
In this role, you will help design and create a single operational reference system for onboarding customers to our Private Cloud, AWS and Azure; and continuously improve the IntelliCloud Customer experience and speed the execution of customers moving to the cloud.
- Develop and implement Teradata cloud solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Metric driven with focus on operational excellence and continual improvement
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- System and IT Operations
- Real-time troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Utilize understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions
Required Skills and Experience:
- Languages: Java Script, Node.js and Python
- Developing solutions in AWS
- Front-end technologies such as such as HTML5 and AngularJS.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Agile (Scrum) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Issue & Project Tracking: Experience with JIRA
- Source code control systems: Git
- Build Agents: Jenkins (preferred), TeamCity
- Software Repositories: Artifactory
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Expertise in troubleshooting, incident management and problem resolution
- Understanding of scripting and infrastructure automation
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field • 5+ years of relevant job experience