Senior Software Engineer, GUI / Web / Application Development
Job ID : 55268BR
Location : US - Massachusetts - Tewksbury
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $19 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, GUI/Web/Application Development
- Design and develop supporting GUI desktop applications & web applications for embedded devices.
- Develop software modules based on object oriented programming (OOP) techniques.
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Experience developing on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Strong Java/object oriented design (OOD) experience.
- C++ experience.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years experience in the field.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Experience/exposure to: Apache Mesos Framework and Docker
- REST, XML and JSON
- Spring Framework experience or equal.
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence