Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build amazing user experiences and a world class developer platform leveraging the latest web technologies. We have a very bold vision for the future and we need your help to make it happen.
About the role
- Location: Remote
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Write scalable services in Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
- Mentor and support other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and Quality Specialists in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Receive support designed to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a healthy human being
- Learn and develop best practices, design considerations, and quality controls
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Software Engineer if you:
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
- Have designed and implemented multi-tenant environments that deliver rich front-end experiences
- Have a deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
- Have experience with language syntax trees and functional programming languages
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Software Engineer and a human being