Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are searching for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in Monterey, California.
This position performs the following functions:
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5-8 years of related software development experience.
- Cybersecurity Support experience
- Linux+ AND Security+ certifications
Requisition ID 2019-51792