SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, GAMEPLAY/ANIMATIONUnannounced Project•IrvineApply Now
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to help create characters and build animation features in a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has proven experience in animation withexposure to other game systems like AI and multiplayer. They must have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games across multiple genres and platforms. They should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience.
- Work with the animators and technical artists to ensure a powerful and easy workflow.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build optimized, sustainable and maintainable technologies and code.
- Bridgetechnology, game design, art, and our engine.
- Bring great ideas from inception to fruition.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially “Gameplay First.”
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Expertise engineering highly-optimized networked animation and game systems
- Comfortable defining how animations are organized and played back in-game
- Experience with blend tree systems
- Experience with low-level animation constructs: compression, blending, and posing
- Able to reconcile animation control and fidelity with the constraints and requirements of gameplay
- A minimum of five years’ game programming experience
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Able to speak “Designer” and “Artist” fluently
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about many areas of development and willing to pitch in when needed
- Proficiency in multi-threaded systems
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI/pathing, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, user interface or online networking
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Computer science or related degree
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing