Senior Software Engineer (SSE) position requires a motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active Full Stack Engineer with an excellent 'can-do' attitude. As a member of the IT Applications Team, this role is responsible for developing and enhancing enterprise-level applications. The candidate will design and implement complex web based software and will be able to troubleshoot a complex environment consisting of web, application and database servers. In addition, the candidate should be able to quickly understand and retool software already written.
The role is primarily responsible for coding, testing, debugging and documenting new and existing business applications. He or she will work closely with product management to review designs, coding standards, and approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains software applications according to specifications.
- Maintains source code control system and application software versioning.
- Builds, supports, troubleshoots and debugs applications used at Ryan.
- Maintains strong focus on customer service to all internal clients.
- Identifies emerging technologies which will help Ryan better leverage resources.
- Helps define processes and procedures in the Applications Development area.
- Participates in cross-training activities as required.
- Works with external vendors when necessary.
- Helps document and define requirements for development and enhancement projects.
- Assists with mentoring and training of junior members.
- Adheres to Firm processes for change and configuration management, contributing to ongoing maintenance of audits and other security/compliance initiatives.
- Develops middle ware and 3rd party application integration solutions
- Creates and implements Unit Test Plans and unit test cases.
- Is involved in Peer Code review process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides regular status update to the project Lead and project Manager.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent experience required and eight - ten years related applications development experience is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have substantial experience and the ability to work directly with stakeholders and produce coding specifications based on business requirements.
Strong Front End skills
5+ years experience using .Net (2.x, 3.x, 4.x), C#, SQL
Thorough knowledge of OWASP concepts, Encryption and SSO
Ability to administer and tune IIS and setup a website from start to finish
Recent experience with AngularJS and either BootStrap or Foundation
Microsoft Power BI
Certificates and Licenses:
Microsoft® Development C# and .NET certifications are desirable.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may assign tasks and coordinate work efforts with junior team members and offshore resources at Manager’s discretion.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability