Company Overview Pearson K-12 Learning is a global education company delivering award-winning learning solutions for early childhood through high school and more. Our interactive tools and content range from digital and print core curriculums, to supplemental content, intervention programs, and professional services. Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of learners with innovative student-centered curriculums that embrace technology, state and district-level educational standards, personalized learning, and data to inform classroom practices and instruction. We partner with educators who are equally passionate about learning to help turn today's classrooms into active workshops and inspire everyone to go further. Our comprehensive solutions are immersive, collaborative, and flexible—delivered online, offline, anytime. Our goal is to deliver the best possible learning experiences so that every student has the chance to succeed. Together, we're creating a new era of education that supports our changing world. Learn with us!
Our leading Learning Management System (LMS), calledRealize, is home to more than 850 programs across all Subject areas and grade levels in the Education field.
We're seeking aFull Stack Senior Software Engineerto join our team!
As an innovative hands-onFull Stack Senior Software Engineer, you will help to architect, design, develop, test, and advance sophisticated next generation applications.
We are interested in hiring strong technology people with a can-do attitude and an interest in our mission of more effective learning and enhancing the student experience. Our work environment is professional, yet relaxed and flexible. Using the latest technologies, you can have a major impact and contribute to our evolution.
As an innovative hands-on Full Stack Senior Software Engineer, you will help to architect, design, develop, test, and advance sophisticated next generation applications.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- Ability to lead a small team (globally distributed) of 4-6 individuals and help drive sound engineering design, process and quality practices, and perform acceptance engineering.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and be able to map them to technical data requirements.
- Strong emphasis on code automation so it is maintainable and extensible.
- Perform research, analysis, design and implementation and provide effective solutions for short term and long term needs.
- Support and migrate existing systems to new platforms.
- Mentor other team members and developers.
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities into the platform.
- Contributes as a hands-on software developer.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- 6 years experience in software development roles
- 4 years minimum experience working in an agile environment is required
- At least 2-3 years of experience as Technical Lead or Architect
- Expert knowledge of UI technologies and techniques that includes but not limited AngularJS, Node.js, JQuery, HTML5, CSS and WebServices.
- Experience in building reusable modules/libraries ensuring cross-browser compatibility and UI data validation and accessibility
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling (promises), partial page updates, and AJAX
- Expert knowledge in CSS3 (Less or SASS) and HTML5
- Good experience with code quality and JS unit test technologies
- Experience in NoSQL and document-based database design and function, preferably MongoDB and Dynamo. Understanding of Cloud Architecture and building and integrating with microservices - AWS is a plus
- Good Experience in backend development using Java, Spring Boot Reactive, REST, JSP
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts specifically Bitbucket
- Expert knowledge and capabilities in Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Expert knowledge of UML and design patterns
- Experience with learning services technologies such as XSLT, IMS QTI standards, SCORM object reference model, and any Learning Management System a plus
- Software Design, Implementation (i.e. coding), and Testing.
- Web development.
- Ability to work with onsite and remote teams
- Communication – be able to communicate information to persons with varying degrees of computer knowledge.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Ability to think technically and analytically
- Ability to understand the philosophy of architecture
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills - including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must develop effective relationships with internal and external contacts and work well within a team
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Must have a "positive" and energetic demeanor
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills