eOriginal is a financial software firm seeking a Senior Software Java Developer to help push their suite of new and innovative products into the future. Currently eOriginal is responsible for building and maintain the most trusted eAsset Management Platform for thousands on organizations globally. eOriginal is a technology house where you will be surrounded by other individuals that love technology as well as writing code. The environment is fast paced but also laid back with an emphasis on personal development and innovative Java solutions. As a Java Developer you will be pushed to develop your own skills but also learn to leverage new technologies and implement them into current projects.
A major plus about this role is you will be working in a software house where technology is the business. As the Java Developer you are not a support function but instead the driving force behind the company’s success. With this you will play an integral part in moving this firm forward all while becoming a better developer. The Financial Software Engineer, as a member of the software product team, is expected to contribute significantly to team goals in the area of software design, development and product support. Software Engineers take direction from the team or product lead and are expected to exhibit growth in their knowledge of software engineering methodologies and practices. They must exhibit a high degree of professionalism in their work and their interaction with others. -
We are unable to provide sponsorship to applicants for work visas.
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Work with Product Management, UX/UI Designer and other developers to understand and convert marketing requirements into design requirements and provide estimates for development.
- Full lifecycle application development, with emphasis on agile development (scrum, sprints, incremental design) methodologies.
- Follow appropriate design, development, code review and testing methodologies to ensure a quality software product.
- Work closely with quality engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes
- Take ownership and champion the resolution of technology issues identified.
- Develop documentation relative to technical aspects to facilitate current support, development, upgrades, or migrations.
- Maintain required technical/professional knowledge; keep abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise; use this expertise to help develop plans and strategies to introduce new technology when appropriate; recommend and develop innovations which enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage.
- Build confidence in the eOriginal organization and the business benefits and integrity of its products and services.
- Maintain the confidentiality of eOriginal strategies, plans and other proprietary information.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent work and course experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience developing Java/J2EE software.
- Experience with client-side frameworks like jQuery and Angular.
- Experience with working with relational databases like MySQL, Oracle or MariaDB.
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot and Spring framework.
- Hands-on experience with ORM frameworks like Hibernate or MyBatis.
- Hands on experience in building/consuming RESTful Web Services.
- Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle, including version control (Git), continuous integration, testing, and code release.
- Strong foundation in object-oriented methodologies, principles, design patterns, practices, and modeling.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-tier architectures.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience building highly secured distributed systems.
- Experience building business high-volume transactional systems
- Experience building Cloud Native applications with Docker, K8S on AWS.
- NoSQL Database experience