Existing authorization to work in the United States is required. Relocation support for this position is not currently available.
Why this role matters:
BT's purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work in a dynamic team for creating innovative solutions, main activities and responsibilities include:
- Lead technical design of new applications or enhancements to existing applications
- Digest requirements from product team and participate in high level design of applications/features with focus on high availability, performance, and scalability.
- Raise and discuss trade-offs of different design approaches and write detailed design documents.
- Implement solution from coding to testing to production deployment support.
- Follow agile process and participate actively in all development phases.
- Mentor other developers through design and code reviews
- Proven experience with object oriented software development in Java and Vanilla JS
- Experience or knowledge with modeling, producing and consuming web services based APIs (RESTful or SOAP based)
- Proven experience with frontend and backend (i.e. full stack) systems development
Highly Desirable Skills
- Knowledge on or experience with agile development (e.g. using Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.)
- Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Guice, CXF, etc)
- Knowledge on Web Technology (HTML4/5, CSS2/3, LESS, Sass, etc.)
- Knowledge on or experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Knowledge/experience on ES2015+
- Knowledge on or experience with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Linux environment for development and support
BS technical degree preferred
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required