What you’ll be doing:
- Developing, testing, and optimizing applications that serve our customers, partners, and internal users.
- Collaborating with other engineers to break down large problems into a set of small, executable tasks.
- Working with a product team to understand requirements and priorities and communicating progress on execution and delivery.
- Owning the execution process with the rest of the engineering team, including documentation, reviews, and testing.
- Communicating delivered business value to stakeholders regularly.
- Influencing our identity as a tech organization through involvement in guilds and by holding yourself and your peers accountable to our engineering principles.
- Designing and implementing web and mobile pages.
What you’ll be working with:
- Testing stack information: Cucumber, Kotlin, Java, Selenium, Jenkins, Saucelabs
- A team of passionate, curious, and innovative professionals
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years hands-on experience in object-oriented design and development with exposure to working with databases
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral part of a team, take initiative and contribute in a fast-paced environment along with the ability to do quick prototypes
- Understanding of agile processes and the impact of self-organizing teams
- Appreciation for automated testing
- Excitement to write code that makes a difference
- An appetite for ongoing learning and growth and sharing knowledge with peers
- Experience with Event driven architecture is a plus
- Experience with React and Go is a plus
- Portfolio of work that ideally includes projects where you took the lead on the creation and implementation of the design
- Passionate about our mission to make students’ lives easier and disrupt finance in the process
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team and be part of true innovation
Our Engineering values:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the software we build has real-world consequences and take that responsibility seriously.
- We know that code isn’t just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.