The Rivian Digital Technology Team develops and manages the revenue generating digital properties which link our customers to our physical services. We are developing a world-class e-commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. To that end, we are building, from scratch, a Vehicle Charging infrastructure that will allow our customers and owners to acquire charging resources for their vehicles. We are seeking highly passionate and customer focused Senior Full Stack Software Engineers to design and build this platform. This is an incredible opportunity to envision, design and build this entire infrastructure from the ground up.
This is what you’ll do:
- Partner closely with Product and Charging development team to provide solutions and recommendations – Ability to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
- Create client-side applications along the customer journey for providing a seamless EV charging experience
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of product development life cycle.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Create standards and best practice for software engineering.
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems.
- Experience building micro-services at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second in cloud environment – AWS/GCP/AZURE (at least one of them)
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – Event logging, distributed tracing
- Experience developing API’s with the care they deserve – REST with OpenAPI, Swagger
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling , browser memory usage, load time of the apps
- Great understanding of SEO principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms