Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Our commitment to our Employees:
- Have an Impact: Join us and Day 1, play a role in shaping our digital transformation.
- Grow your Career: Our focus us helping you grow the core competencies to shape your technology career
- Work that Matters: We are a roadside business singularly focused on making sure our customers are quickly, safely and efficiently supported in their time of need.
Check us out online!
Agero on LinkedIn
Agero on Glassdoor
Agero News on Twitter
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for design and deployment of an enterprise web application written in Meteor.js, Angular and Node.js frameworks. This includes, but is not limited to, configuring the hosting environment, modeling data, designing the MVC / API layer, design and implementation of user interface, and managing of the user experience.
- Develop, deploy and monitor a high profile website and its underlying critical services
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Develop innovative solutions to large-scale data transfer challenges
- Improve the performance of our web applications and solve scaling issues
- Develop automation and improvements to deployment, monitoring, and testing processes
- Serve on the on-call rotation withother engineers on the team
Requirements EDUCATION: BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 3-5years of experiencewith software development or MA or MSdegree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics and 3years of experiencewith software development
5+ years of full stack web development experience
Experiencewith Angular ll Nodejs frameworks
In-depth understanding of REST philosophy and API design
Strong Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
Experiencewith continuous integration and testing via tools like Jenkins or Travis/CircleCI
Ability to collaboratively engineer windows and web application features and visualizations
Experiencewith Software Design principles
Ability to write maintainable code with automated tests
Organized, self-starter, with attention to detail and ability to work both Independently and with a team
Ability to understand a large code base with Minimal direction
Strong understanding of building Software for the end user and participate in both debate and what to build and how to build it
Strong knowledge of Windows/UNIX/Linux, especially in virtualized environments such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack or Heroku
Operational experiencewith MySQL, postgres, and MongoDB, including clustering
Ability to work effectively with both technical and non-engineering personnel
Experiencewith the configuration of web server software including nginx, rabbitmq, gunicorn, and elasticsearch
Experiencewith a full web serving stack, including databases, logging, and monitoring
Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
Experience in an operations role supporting a 24/7production environment, or ownership of personal internet-accessible servers operating 24/7
Experience in a fast-paced operations environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interactswith management and staff across the organization