$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global's technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet—helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
Crossmatch helps organizations solve their identity management challenges through biometrics. Our enrollment and multi-factor authentication solutions are trusted to create, validate and manage identities for a wide range of government, law enforcement, financial institution, retail and commercial applications. We offer an experienced professional services team to assist customers with individual challenges.
The primary responsibility of this role will be the ongoing design, development and maintenance of Factory Software, analysis tools and test infrastructure for our Hardware/SDK. In this key development position, you will have responsibility for innovating code designs and solutions that provide both modularization and scalability of development. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to effectively deliver high quality code that meets feature and schedule goals. You will work closely with our software and hardware development team and production facilities to release software tools that qualify our hardware at production facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Participate in requirements gathering, technical specification, and the design and development of production/factory software, tools development projects.
• Develop Factory Software for hardware qualification and integrate them into production lines.
• Interact with teams of engineers from multiple disciplines to effectively design, plan and develop the software.
• Effectively scope the work and estimate the timelines.
• Develop various engineering, test, analysis and automation tools.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing application/tools using one or more of the languages C/C++, C# or QT on Windows.
• Experienced with developing hardware testing tools to qualify various capabilities of the hardware.
• Experience integrating and troubleshooting Hardware test fixtures and related tools.
• Application or tools development experience for USB connected devices.
• Strong knowledge in integration with computer hardware production lines and automation.
Nice to have:
• Experience with Python
• Experience with fingerprint recognition or other biometric products
• Familiarity with USB 2.0 and 3.0 protocol
• Proficient in English
Education and/or Experience:
• 2-4 years of demonstrated expertise in C/C++ software development on iOS and Android.
• BSEE or BSCS or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with software development lifecycle from design to production, with emphasis on maintainability
• Experience in an Agile development environment
• Exceptional debugging and problem-solving skills; highly analytical
• Effective communication skills
• Flexible and team player
• Innovative thinker and problem solver
• Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
• Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
• Some travel required
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in an office setting; that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14