We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Splunk APM team – the convergence of SignalFx’s Microservices APM and Omnition’s Distributed Tracing offerings. As a frontend engineer, you will own and contribute to the Splunk APM’s frontend web application, its user interface and user experience. Working in close collaboration with UI/UX designers, Product Managers, early-access design partners and the rest of your team, you will implement modern, fabulous and intuitive frontend functionality and workflows to build the best observability product in the industry.
Role and responsibilities
- You will participate in the design, implementation, maintenance and evolution of Splunk APM’s web application and user interface.
- You will participate in the design of new features with product and UX teams, and drive the requirements and implementation of their corresponding user interface in Splunk APM’s frontend TypeScript/React.js codebase.
- You will contribute actively and own your feature development in all levels of product engineering: design, develop, test, and deploy.
- BS in Computer Science and/or 4+ years of experience in developing web applications, web services and APIs.
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers, responsive design, and of the full web technology stack.
- Experience with Node.js and the frontend development toolchain (npm/yarn).
- Experience with JSON REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with Git and CI tools.
- Ability to structure and build sophisticated client-side applications.
- Leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to work with engineers and non-engineers of various skill levels.
- Understanding of the development cycle of software products.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with other APM products, metrics-based observability or distributed tracing.
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP and general knowledge of managed cloud services.