We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a Senior Software Engineer working for our Daily Fantasy Sports vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own and become subject matter experts of areas of product and technology stack and will be the go to person for those areas.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You are a significant and autonomous contributor
- Your work is consistently of high quality
- You solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices
- You work with your team to invent, design and build software that is stable and performant
- You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not
- Your solutions are pragmatic
- You consider the legacy of the code you produce and write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand
- You limit the use of short-term workarounds
- You do things with the proper level of complexity the first time (or at least minimise incidental complexity)
- You create flexible software without over-engineering
- You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies
- You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc)
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- If specialised in frontend, proficient in following:
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.