Splunk's Enterprise UI team is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise. These experiences will tell stories of IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, and changing trends. Leverage the power of massive datasets to answer our customers’ questions and help them to ask the right questions about their data and their business.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll work at the intersection of data, engineering and design with a cross-functional, agile team of designers, product managers and engineers to build innovative user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
What you'll do
- You'll build intuitive data analytics experiences
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with product management, user experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with pride of ownership.
- You’ll help drive the technical roadmap for front-end improvements.
- You’ll mentor and coach other engineers, share the work you are doing, and participate in code reviews.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- At least 8 years of experience working with web and/or client-side technologies.
- Experience with full stack and/or backend development
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks, continuous integration and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.