Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a contributing member of our team, you will work directly with our product owners and designers to create outstanding solutions and deliver incredible products. As a senior member of the team, you will own the quality and scalability of the products your are building. You will also help mentor and grow other members of your team.
The PayPal Developer engineering team is looking for a talented full-stack engineer to work on the next generation of the Developer web site. We want people who thrive on serving the customer's needs and have a passion for creating exceptional user experiences. As a contributing member of our team, you will work directly with our product owners and designers to create outstanding solutions and deliver incredible products. As a senior member of the team, you will own the quality and scalability of the products your are building. You will also help mentor and grow other members of your team.
If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about bringing great experiences to life and love working in a collaborative environment, then we want to talk to you.
- Lead the full development life cycle, including design, coding, testing and production release.
- Create web applications following best practices for quality, performance, and accessibility.
- Partner closely with design & product to craft great product experiences.
- Be an artisan and encourage excellence across team.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Share your passion for technology and for developing robust, scalable, state of the art software systems.
- 4+ years of production application design, development, and testing experience.
- 4+ years of frontend web technology experience (HTML, CSS, SASS, etc.).
- Passionate about developing amazing user experiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.