Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Partner Experience
Engineering • Mountain View, CA
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,700 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partneringwith enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees, now serving 900+ customers.
We aspire to provide the highest quality of experience to learners to accelerate their learning. We are looking for an experienced leader to establish the Coursera test engineering team from the ground up. You will have a unique opportunity to lead definition of test strategy with cross-functional partners, build a world-class test engineering team, design test infrastructure and direct the team on effective execution process to support the critical business needs.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces
- Rapidly innovate on product with fail fast mindset
- Implement features using cutting edge front-end technologies to acquire learners, increase conversion and engagement with rapid data-driven iteration
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Workwith other developers to advance UI frameworks. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
- Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
- Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis