What's cool about this job
REI has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Front End Developer to join our Digital REI.com team. Senior Front End Developers at REI contribute to the Co-op’s success by developing new features and functionality for our digital touch points. Senior FED’s are experienced in transforming the vision of REI’s Interaction Designers, Information Architects, and various Software Engineers into interactive features that deliver exceptional experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Front End Developer you will be accountable for many parts of our digital ecosystem. This opportunity includes new site enhancements, application development, mobile web development, coding for accessibility, search engine optimization, performance optimization, pattern library development and incident response. Additionally, you will be tasked with helping to drive our A/B testing strategy across all of REI.com.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Experience using CSS preprocessors.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform design and testing experience.
- Experience working with web content management systems.
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies and metrics and familiarity with A/B testing tools, especially Adobe Target
- Understands browser performance and user experiencetradeoffs in performing A/B testing
- Proficiency with AJAX, API integration and RESTful services.
- Experience creating, troubleshooting and implementing internal and third party APIs.
- Experience integrating tracking and other analytics tags.
- Proficiency in gathering requirements from vendors and internal teams.
- Experience working on large websites, with many interconnected systems.
- Experience working in an e-commerceretail environment preferred
- Knowledge of backend systems like Java, JSP, and JSTL are beneficial
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement and the ability to diagnose and resolve site issues quickly. This responsibility is spread across the team and would amount to be about 1 week per 1.5 quarters.