Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We’re looking for a driven and organized Front-end Engineer to help deliver digital services for the American people. As an Ad Hoc Front-end Engineer.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks like React to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Contribute to existing design standards, pattern libraries and brand guidelines
- Integrate with various back-end APIs, and collaborate with team members to ensure back-end services meet the needs of our front-end systems
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- 4 + years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications
- Building applications using a client-side framework such as AngularJS, Ember.js, or React.
- Experience testing / QA with Web accessibility tools
- Deep understanding of Section 508 guidelines and industry best practices
- Experience with 508 compliance in design system and writing accessibility guidance.
- Deep understanding of the ARIA specification
- Working understanding of (WCAG) 2.0.
- Experience testing with screen readers, including JAWS.
- Experience with accessibility audit tools.
- Experience with accessibility audit tools Including VoiceOver, ChromeVOX, WebAIM, Deque WorldSpace or axe.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.