Responsible for identifying software requirements and design, validation, verification, and compatibility for Franklin Electric products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops concepts and architecture for new software products.
- Analyzes functional requirements and translates them to product design.
- Manages development projects for new and existing products.
- Manages existing software product improvement projects.
- Provides existing software project engineering and improvement support.
- Hosts software design reviews and code reviews.
- Researches and recommends software tools to management.
- Performs project risk analysis.
- Designs, codes, and debugs applications in various software languages.
- Develops software to be implemented in internal and customer product lines.
- Tests and maintains software implemented in company product lines.
- Writes and tests protocols and design verification testing for company product lines. Conducts unit testing. Resolves issues as they arise from testing.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
LocationSaco, MEFull-Time/Part TimeFull-timeRequirements
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong working knowledge in C++.
- Understands UML to document designs, networking, computer concepts, and implementation of a Linux-embedded operating system.
- Uses software configuration management and defect management tools.
- High level of knowledge and ability to predict physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and their applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Manages large and complex development projects. Demonstrates a track record of successful projects.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information bybreaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Works with complex analytical tools such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics analysis, parametric modeling, electric motor design and analysis, and complex mathematical analysis programs.
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the generalpublic, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations ofroutine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field (required).
- Master's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field (preferred).
- Two to ten years of relevant experience (preferred).
- Advanced: C++, XML, HTML, Java, embedded Linux.
- Intermediate: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet, subversion.
- Basic: Word processing/typing.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Occasionally required to stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Continuallyrequired to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionallysubjected to fumes or airborne particles, moving parts, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.