The qualified candidate will part of the Everett, WA high-performance engineering team responsible for the research and development of firmware and software used in the manufacture of Fluke products. The embedded software built by the team powers Fluke’s test and measurement devices and is a crucial component in delivering on Fluke’s brand promise of rugged and reliable equipment that is a delight to use. The ideal candidate will bring an aptitude for architecting and implementing solutions to provide our customers the best products in the world.
This candidate has overall responsibility for creating and improving the embedded software platforms used to enable Fluke hardware, designing in scalability and reuse across many different product lines. The candidate must be able to evaluate and identify software solutions; work with business units, product management, and other stakeholders to understand product requirements and how the platform can address them; mentor more junior engineers to raise the knowledge and skills of the collective team
• Serve as technical leader or chief engineer on major development projects/programs
• Tackle sustaining work as needed
• Architect/design, develop, unit test, document, code review, and optimize software platforms, libraries, firmware, and applications
• Subject matter expert on architectural styles and design patterns
• Serve as a mentor and role model for more junior engineers
• Proactively ferret out people, process, and technical gaps within the organization, and bring ideas on how to address them
• Support advanced research and product development efforts
• Participate in customer engagement efforts to understand customer needs and pain points
• Follow department standards for software development, including project planning, documentation, design reviews, software testing, project status reporting, and software configuration management.
• Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field +10 yrs. experience or Masters +6 - 8 yrs.
• Significant experience with C/C++, Qt, Linux, multi-threaded programming, architecting software systems, implementing design patterns
• Experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably Scrum, on multiple projects
• A minimum of two years’ experience with product development process of bringing a physical device to market
• Experience with scriptinglanguages (Python, Perl, etc.)
• Experience with source control (SVN, Git, and etc.)
• Ability to work with ambiguity and utilize sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Ability to work independently and self-start
• Strong technical leadership skills.