What you will be doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will develop and support core equity trading functions with a broker dealer specializing in algorithmic trading for the US and Canadian markets.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements.
- Interacts with trade support and/or customers to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of equity trading related technologies and the financial services industry.
- Working industry knowledge of FIX.
- Knowledge of equity clearing operations.
- Current knowledge of C++, Java, and scripting languages (ksh, perl, python)
- In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Requires in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
- Familiar with Linux operating system or similar operating system and network technologies.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset