As a Senior Software Engineer on our 'FinTech' team, you will build scalable and reliable solutions for the core Patientco payments platform to process and transfer millions of dollars in patient payments each day. This is the engine under the hood of our user facing applications for both staff users and patients. Hospitals and patients rely on our systems to be able to transfer, verify, and reconcile thousands of transactions a day.
You should have a love of building scalable solutions, a growth mindset, an interest in getting into new problems and a desire to be part of a team where everyone's voice is heard equally.
Does that sound like you? Read on!
We're offering the opportunity to:
- Implement core Patientco FinTech functionality into Patientco APIs (payment plans, additional payment vectors, payment allocation)
- Integrate with healthcare and financial systems using web service technology (REST, HL7, SOAP)
- Employ web-technologies, agile development methodologies, and existing healthcare technologies to create solutions that fulfill direct user needs
- Be a Problem Solver. There's not always a clear cut way to solve the problem.
- Have a Growth Mindset. Be interested, not only in completing your work, but thinking about how your work fits into the bigger picture and what else can be done to have a major impact.
- Be a leader. Make recommendations, support teammates, take ownership.
Some experience that might help for the opportunity:
- 5+ years' experience building back end systems and implementing software projects
- Experience building or integrating with software in the Healthcare or Payments industry
- Demonstrate technical leadership and system design skills with great verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to communicate clearly with all kinds of teammates and stakeholders
- Experience with RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.), backend development with typed languages (C, C++, Java, C#, Go), and API integrations
- Experience with Cloud based technologies, Git version control, and web development
- STEM degree or equivalent experience