Senior Software Engineer - File Systems
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Data Services group at HPE Nimble Storage. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about using the latest techniques and best practices to build and improve systems software that is scalable and best-in-class.
The purpose of your job: Design and develop software in the NimbleOS data path.
- Work with technical leaders and architects to understand new product requirements.
- Create functional specs and other design documentation.
- Design, code, test and debug components in Nimble Storage’s Data Services group.
- Implement new features in the File System, Protocols and Performance.
- Work with other Data Services teams, QA, Customer Support and Platform teams to solve complex customer and release issues.
- Provide guidance to management and participate in technical communication with customers.
- BS in CS or EE required. MSdegreepreferred.
- Must have a very strong system programming background with C/C++ for large enterprise class software.
- Must have proficiency with data structures, algorithms and multi-threaded programming
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OS internals.
- Must be capable of debugging issues in multi-threaded and clustered environments.
- Priorexperiencein one or more of the following areas is a huge plus:
- Data-path on large and complex modules.
- Distributed Systems, Clustering or HA
- Memory management, Virtualization or De-duplication
- Replication, QoS, Storage Protocols (iSCSI/SCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS).
- Performance tuning and modelling
- Use of Performance analysis tools e.g. Oprofile, gprof.
- Experience in developing commercial software products, passion for quality and excellent software engineering practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively in small-medium size engineering teams is a plus.
- Ability to write clear and articulate functional and design specifications
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and take on a variety of roles as needed
Job ID 1024854