Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for implementing new features for the Hearthstone service as well as the willingness to support those features once they go live to our passionate playerbase. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
· Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
· Implement the logic (client and server-side) for various features (non-gameplay):
o Some examples of non-gameplay features include:
§ Arena Drafting
§ New Game Modes
§ Adventures and Rewards
§ Card Collection Manager
· Implement the client-side UI for non-gameplay features within the Unity framework.
· Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
· Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
· Strong C++ and / or C# programming skills.
· Experience with implementing game feature logic in a client/server environment.
· Experience with storing and retrieving information from a relational Database (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
· Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
· High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
· Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
· Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
· Able to work in a collaborative environment.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience coding in a professional environment.
· Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
· Avid Hearthstone player.
· Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
· Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
· Unity experience with either the 4.x or 5.x platform.
· Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.).
· iOS or Android development experience.
· Experience supporting a live service.
· Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
· Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.