Systems Infrastructure is looking for a talented software engineer to help drive the DevOps transformation at FactSet from a continuous testing infrastructure role and deliver on our core stability objectives. This is a coding-heavy, high visibility role (we present, discuss, and make recommendations to the CTO and his Leadership team approx. every other month) with an organizational-wide impact to completely overhaul and improve how software development and testing is done across FactSet. This is critical to keeping FactSet competitive and improving developer productivity while also providing significant technical challenges. If FactSet fails to make this transition, we will no longer be competitive in 3-5 years.
We need a software engineer to help provide the leadership, guidance, and infrastructure to enable teams to confidently push code to production once their automated tests pass, without additional manual testing; this is a new paradigm from how FactSet has traditionally operated and is crucial to safely moving to a Continuous Deployment model. This role is not about writing tests/being a tester for other teams, but about providing infrastructure, consulting, and processes for 1000+ engineers so they can confidently write their own stable tests that minimize maintenance and maximize value.
You will be
- Working with web application/library teams to understand their greatest challenges in moving to a trusted, fully automated testing solution
- Evaluating and/or creating tooling to address those challenges
- Performing deep-dives on infrastructure and application-side code
- Researching modern automated testing systems and building practical solutions that enable fully automated continuous testing at FactSet, including performance testing, A/B testing, and more
- Acting as a technical resource to the organization by consulting with other teams, participating in training, presenting topicals, and sharing documentation and demos
Your team will directly lead R&D efforts and advocate for technology and organization changes that will ensure a phenomenal experience for our clients.
We're seeking a talented Software Engineer who is passionate about developer productivity, stability, and performance. This high visibility role will require strong technical contribution, communication, and organizational skills. You will have the opportunity to become knowledgeable about FactSet's diverse platform of applications, infrastructure and services. If you're looking for a role where you have a material impact on the future of the company, you've found it.
- Coding infrastructure and tooling to support fully automated continuous testing across application and infrastructure products.
- Collaborating with Strategic Business Units and infrastructure teams to design and build and integrate fully automated continuous testing infrastructure and services.
- Leading your team through researching and implementing modern test methodologies across FactSet through collaboration and integration with Engineering and Product Development
- Acting as a technical mentor for your teammates and peers across the company.
- Developing a deep understanding of FactSet's infrastructure and application codebases.
- Owning the process of transforming high-level visions into concrete, measurable deliverables.
- Proactively communicating with stakeholders to understand requirements, timelines, etc…
- Use metrics and key performance indicators to develop a high peforming team culture within Engineering and Product Development.
- Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience
- Strong coding skills and a history of project success.
- A desire to learn and evangelize modern testing methodologies/frameworks and using automation and coding practices to improve developer productivity
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to make tactical decisions and develop strategic plans.
- Desire to learn modern technologies across PC, web and mobile.
- Capability to work on multiple tasks with shifting and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Able to work effectively with other developers and members of other departments to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing and delivery systems
- Experience with unit and integration testing (general concepts and best practices, any language)
- Knowledge of PC/web/mobile automated testing frameworks (Selenium, Protractor, etc…)
- Experience with common open source build systems and associated tooling.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment.