The Control Systems Group is building the platform to deliver highly-scalable, highly-available applications and security services for the BIG-IP Application Delivery Controller (ADC) line of products. We are adopting DevOps principles to drive a team with the agility to adjust quickly to new technologies and the needs of a fast-changing industry.
If you’re interested in working in distributed systems and solving difficult scalability and performance solutions while balancing security, maintainability, and usability then join us and help build the future of application delivery.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of features and components in the control system as well as the automation necessary to test and deploy new features. You’ll work with architects, leads, Product Management, cross-functional teams, and other stakeholders to help define and implement solutions.
What you know:
- Experience with messaging systems, IPC, RPC, and/or storage/persistence
- Knowledge of Linux system and containers development
- Experience with performance and debugging tools such as YourKit, gdb, perf, and Valgrind
- Experience with declaritive APIs and microservices
- Knowledge of automation systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Knowledge of container orchestration products such as Kubernetes and Mesos
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and Agile methodologies
- Typically requires a minimum of 8years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.