About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to work alongside a team of passionate engineers who are implementing our Enterprise Technology suite. The ideal person will be a self-starter, proactively solving problems, and offering mentorship - all while learning about the newest trends in technology and championing them within the department.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of our implementation team and responsible for the design, development, and testing of custom integrations and applications built on our enterprise software. This is an opportunity to work with new technologies that not only connect software with the physical world but also better connect people with their physical space (think IoT!).
- Collaborate with a diverse set of partners, including Product Owners, Designers, and other engineers
- Lead the entire development lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- Deliver creative solutions to production issues
- Support clear communication and teamwork between development, design and test teams
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of our platform, from administration and setup to daily user and troubleshooting any user issues
- Work with the team to find any production issues and debug during development
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field, Masters Degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, using technologies like Ruby, PHP, Java, Node.js, and Go
- Experience with cloud technology, including AWS and Azure
- Experience with automation testing, using tools like Selenium, Cucumber or Jenkins
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- A natural leader, able to mentor and train junior engineering staff
- Lover of learning, always looking for the latest and the greatest technology tools, standards, and practices
- Confirmed ability to work within an agile development environment
- Ability to embrace Test Driven Development practices
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability delivering in a dynamic and ambitious environment
- Self-starter who is analytical, organized, process and detail oriented
- Willingness to collaborate with multiple team members and assess all sides of a problem in order to find the best solution
- Experience with IoT or building technology is a plus.